Wednesday, September 3, 2008

MY BABY IS ALL GROWN UP!!!

I got some news today from Lemuel who called me on my way home from school.

ISAAC LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH!!!!

My first reaction was...."WHAT?". I got worried because he seems a little young to lose a tooth. I thought maybe he had another accident. Lemuel reassured me that it fell out. In fact it was just gone! It may have disappeared when he was eating his happy meal after school or it could have happened some other time...I guess we'll never know since the tooth is gone and gone for good. (We all looked for it!) My next thought was, "I'm not going to cry." I just can't believe my sweet baby boy has lost a tooth already! He's been in pre-k for only 2 weeks and he already seems so much older! Where does the time go?

I thought 4 years old was a little young to lose a tooth. I read on the Internet tonight that most kids lose their first tooth at age 6-7, but yes, you can lose your tooth as early as 4 years old. In fact, the younger a child is to get his teeth as a baby, the younger he will be to lose those baby teeth. Isaac got his first tooth around 3 months old, which was early (just like me), so this makes sense. My mom even told me that I lost my first tooth when I was 5, so I guess like mother, like son!

He is super excited to see what the tooth fairy will bring him tonight. We just need to write her a note to explain where the tooth has gone! :)


No comments: