Friday, March 7, 2008

Yes, I know I have been MIA for a while now. First, I have been selling things on eBay since the week before Christmas and it has become a full time job. I had about 50 orders to fill this week. I am now down to about 30. It is keeping me very busy. If you are curious, here is a link to the things I am selling: Ebay Stuff.

Lemuel's mom, niece Mellisa and her husband, Jacinto drove up from Houston this past weekend to attend Gabriella's blessing, which took place on March 2nd. She was a very good girl and didn't cry. She looked gorgeous in her dress - the same dress I wore on my blessing day, almost 32 years ago. She also wore the booties that her Abuelita made her.


Gabriella with her Abuelita, Antonia Martinez

The day before her blessing we took our visitors to see the Arkansas River and to walk over it on the new bridge they built about a year ago. It was a work out! We walked half way up and it was getting dark so we headed back down. Lemuel told Isaac he wanted to have a running competition going back down. My gut instinct said to tell them no, because Isaac would fall. However, not wanting to be the overprotective mother that I am I said nothing. They took off and Melissa, Jacinto, Gabi and I made our way back down. When we got to the bottom Isaac was bawling and had fallen flat on his face. His face was all messed up, as well as his knee, the poor boy. He also lost his brand new Star Wars guy that I had just given him that morning. (Lemuel later found it on some kid who had picked it up and tried to keep it).

Melissa and Jacinto are newlyweds - 6 months.


My poor boy. This is a couple of days after his fall.

I have begun my teaching job search and have made a couple of applications already. I am really excited to start a new teaching job. I really miss my internship. I went to Crystal Hill to visit and saw my former students and Christy, my mentor. It felt like home.

I discovered a new fun place to take Isaac. It is called the Jump Zone and it is basically a big room full of inflatable things you jump on. They call it an inflatable play center. There are about 7 different ones but they are quite elaborate. It costs $7 for a kid but the parents get to go in free. I even got in some of the inflatables and jumped/slid down the slide with Isaac. It was such a blast! They have a family night, too, where parents and kids can go and jump. Here are some photos from that....


Gabriella turned 2 months old on the 26th of February. She is looking so grown up lately. She is cooing and talking. She tries to imitate me when I stick out my tongue. She smiles a lot - whenever she is awake, which isn't a lot! When she is awake, she is very alert and looks at things for a long time. She loves to look at the picture of the Houston temple we have hanging in the living room. Here she is on her 2 month birthday...

No comments: