Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our baby is here!!!

Our new little girl, Gabriella (no middle name yet...still debating), made her entrance into the world today at 3:07 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and measured 20.5 inches long. She was 1 oz less than big brother was and the exact same measurement, so that was very nice!!

We arrived shortly after 5 am and the put me on pitocin and broke my water. I was already 3 cm dilated. I felt contractions for about an hour...not fun at all (with Isaac I only felt 3 before I got the epidural). The Dr finally came to give me the epidural and it was awful and scary!! He couldn't find the place in my back to put it in so he dug around in my back for about 10 minutes. He said he numbed me...but it hurt! I thought for sure I would be paralyzed after that. It did work like a charm...thank goodness...and I was able to relax. I started pushing about 4 hours later and had to push for about 20 minutes. She came out crying and pink and was perfect! She has a nice set of lungs on her! It was a good labor and I'm so glad it was. Isaac's birth was so easy I was worried this one would be awful.

I still can't believe she is mine! Isaac is already in love with her and wants to take care of her. He strokes her face and loves on her. It's very cute.

Here is a photo of her:





For more photos click here:

3 comments:

TroxelTribe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Ohhh, she's so cute!

TroxelTribe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Ooohh, she's so cute!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute!! You have to come hang out with me one day and help me make my blog look as cool as yours!! Congrats on the gorgeous baby girl!!!