Saturday, December 15, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas...









We finally got our tree up! I was afraid with all I had to do that it would never get done! Isaac had a blast putting the ornaments on the tree. I must say that there are a lot more on the bottom half than the top half!







Isaac did a pretty good job putting the ornaments on. This is the first year that he helped me with the tree. Lemuel helped with the lights but pooped out on the ornaments. He watched us, though.















Isaac got on Lemuel's shoulders to put the star on top of the tree. He was scared because it was so high. He kept holding on to Lemuel's eye instead of his head or somewhere else. I'm surprised the tree didn't tip over!














Next year we will be a family of four! It still seems hard to believe!

Now we just need to get some presents under the tree!










In other news.....




On Saturday, the 15th I graduated from UCA with my 3rd bachelor's degree! I received a Bachelor of Music Education! I am officially done with school! The time went by so fast! I'm so excited to be a teacher! It was very hard to leave the kids and still doesn't seem real. This picture is me with my fellow music teachers, who also graduated on Saturday (minus one intern who had to leave before we took the picture). Also pictured is my UCA music supervisor, 2nd from the left on the back row, and the choral supervisor standing next to me on the right.

(Just a funny side note - the big guy in front on the first row started his undergraduate when I started mine - in 1994!! He is just now graduating!! It only took him 13 years! It was nice to have him around since we started out at UCA together and he was even my pledge brother in TBS/KKY. I wasn't the only "old" student around. We are both 31 and everyone else is almost 10 years younger..ha ha!)

Since I didn't walk, or waddle, to get my diploma, Lemuel and I went out to celebrate instead, while Mom watched Isaac. We went to the movies and dinner. It was so nice to have one last date before the baby arrives!

Lemuel also finished his semester this week so we are very happy to have a break from schoool. Woo-hoo! I guess it won't be much of a break with a new baby coming!






Isaac made this very cute present for me in his Primary class at church. I love it!!!














BABY UPDATE:

I had my last appt with the Dr. today - 38 weeks. I just knew he was going to tell me that I was still 30% effaced and that's it, like I have been for the last 3 weeks. He did say I am still 30% but that I am also 1 cm dialated...yipee!!! I thought he would induce me this week if I had dialated but I guess I misunderstood. So I am being induced the day after Christmas at 5:00 a.m....yuck! I hate getting up early. We will have to take Isaac with us until we can drop him off (I think at Sister J's) at a more reasonable hour. I'm actually a little glad to have a week left to get my life in order! I have too much to do!
Oh, I also lost 3 pounds so I have only gained a total of 15 lbs (including the baby).
It seems so strange that in a little over a week we will have a new baby in the family! Here is a video of her doing a dance in my belly:

2 comments:

TroxelTribe said...

Ahh, after seeing your video, I kinda miss that feeling of her moving around and my belly feeling like an alien. Congrats on your graduating! That's great!! We still don't have our tree up either - I don't know how long I can stand little fingers pulling on it. We'll see...

ErinMartinez said...

Yes, I will miss that feeling, but sometimes it hurts!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who waited so late to put a tree up. I think the presents aren't going under until Christmas Eve! Isaac found some of his gifts hidden and opened one of them! I had to hide the rest in a storage unit across town! He can climb up in any closet so there is no safe place in this house!!

~Erin M.