Sunday, December 9, 2007

Baby Shower and more!


On Thursday, Dec. 6, Baby Gabi had her first party....a baby shower! It was at the Hansen's house and it was great! We ate yummy Mexican food (I never get enough Mexican food!) and I got some wonderful presents. I got many cute outfits and some much needed items, too. The best present of all was from my Dad and was totally unexpected. He gave me a box full of clothes from when he was a baby, 76 years ago! The most amazing thing of all was that his mother, my Grandma, sewed all of them and she was an amazing seamstress! He wrote me a sweet letter. Of course I started to cry and was so embarrassed! The box was full of cute gowns and even his baby shoes! I will cherish those things forever! Here are a few photos from the shower:





Here I am at 36 weeks pregnant!



























Our yummy Mexican food spread!















Mom looks at the new Creative Memories Baby Album I got from Sister Metcalf, a sister in the ward. I was so excited! I got some cute starter pages to go with it, and a refill and page protectors, too! Awesome!













Sister Walton made me this beautiful blanket with my favorite color in it - Purple!









Here I am hiding my face because I had started to cry when I opened and read Dad's letter. I was so embarrassed! I cried at my last shower, too!








This is one of my dad's gowns from when he was a baby, 76 years ago. It is on top of the blanket Sister W. made me.


























What's up this week...




On Saturday, the 15th, I am graduating from the University of Central Arkansas with a bachelor's in music education. This will be my 3rd bachelor's degree! I guess I just really love to learn! I will not be walking in the graduation ceremony as I will be almost 38 weeks pregnant and hopefully having my baby! (I can wish!) My student teaching ends this week, on Wednesday. It is very bittersweet. I am excited to start the next chapter in my life, yet very sad to leave the children and my colleagues. I have had the most amazing experience and I am so excited to start teaching. I never dreamed I would love teaching so much!

Here is a photo of me with my mentor, Christy Head. She has been an amazing example to me:



**************

Lemuel is in his last week of school for the semester. He has finals this week. Good luck, Lem!


Baby Update:

It seems my belly has grown quite a bit in the last week. Gabi has been quite active in there! It hurts to walk! I am physically ready to have this baby, although I will miss her moving. As far as being ready - organization - I'm not ready! I need another month! I fully expected some major progress this week since I have been feeling a lot of pain and pressure, but still nothing! NO PROGRESS!!! She has made a happy home and doesn't want to come out! The doctor says I only need to dilate 1 cm to be induced!! I about died when he said that. He says unless she comes early on her own (or I dilate by my next appointment) he will most likely induce me on December 26th! I hate that birthday for her, but any way it goes she is going to have one of those Christmas/Birthday birthdays!

Isaac asked me where baby Gabi is and I said in my tummy. I asked when she was coming and he said on Thursday, so we'll see. He didn't say which one, though!

Until next week.....





2 comments:

TroxelTribe said...

Ahhh, I remember those last few weeks... they were not fun. I can tell you're getting antsy :) Good luck and hopefully it'll happen soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I missed your shower! :o( But I'm glad you liked it - that is SO AWESOME that your dad gave you all that stuff. And new scrapbook stuff and Juanita blankets are always good! ;o)