Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

We are home and getting adjusted to our new life as a family of four. Our baby finally has a complete name - Gabriella Mia Martinez. Gabi is a week old now. She had her first check up today with her pediatrician. She now weighs 7 lb 13 oz (she was 7 lb 8 oz at birth). She grew .5 of an inch (now 21 inches). She is doing great! I can't believe how fast they change, even in a week! I am learning her personality. She even smiled at me already! It was on New Year's Day. I started singing "Hush Little Baby" and she got a big grin. I'm sure she knows my singing voice since she heard it so much while in the womb. I had to sing at school for the kids everyday so she heard it a lot!!

Isaac loves being a big brother and loves his sister. Every morning he is so excited to see her and loves to "pet" her head. He tells me all the time how much he loves his baby sister.

Here are some photos of our first week home as a family...


Her hospital photo

Our family right before we leave the hospital to take Gabriella home

Gabi doing her exercises

Our two beautiful children!

2 comments:

TroxelTribe said...

She's adorable and Isaac looks like he's loving being a big brother! I love all the hair!

Anonymous said...

She's soooooo cute!!!! I can't wait to hold her again! It was strange to hold such a small baby. :o/ Or maybe that's just me. haha